Friday, February 18, 2011

A Bad Beginning...

~ From one of my beloved Mary Engelbreit Calendars ~

I have awakened with a "rare" headache...a bump on my forehead and a bit of a black eye. There was so much planned for today, my day away from the shoppe.

Many times I find myself rushing like a spinning top after work when I arrive home to tend to hungry cat and hubby...as I was repeating in a raised voice a message to hubby (losing his hearing) I tried to move into the laundry room and hit the light switch at the same time...that is when I smacked my left forehead into the door frame... I haven't hurt myself in years, and years...but I knew this was serious; as I was sorta crumbling to my knees my tired brain thought grab the door cause IF you fall or pass out you will lie there until hubby either wonders down to see what's for dinner or remembers it is time for his favorite Two and A Half Men show...
I did call him 3 times...finally gave up and  took my time and slowly climbed the stairs ...hubby was still leisurely reading the newspaper totally unaware of my mishap that could have been lots worse. He was sorry that he hadn't heard me  "...not to worry, but Please talk to your doctor about getting a hearing aide."

It is risky getting older ...but, as they say, the alternative is not a good one.

Take care and slow down some, if you need to:)

~Gail

2 comments:

  1. My GOODNESS Gail! I hope you are ok. Kind of a scary thing. Do you have a cell phone? Maybe you better take it with you when you go out of hearing range.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good mornin Nancy Jo...I have a nice little goose egg down to pullet size now...still sore.

    You know, I heard a radio commercial offering a medal bracelet that you click on if you need help and it contacts your help contacts for .50 a day...BUT, I was thinking of getting it for hubby...I do have my cell phone, it was on the secretary by the opening...maybe I should click it to my jeans like the detectives I read about... that's a good idea and I thank you.

    Hope all is well with you and yours,
    ~Gail who is reading Half Broke Horses, thanks:)

    ReplyDelete