Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Psalm for Life

Before September 11, 2001 I read this annually in my daily journal....because of the impact of 9-11-2001 and related issues many things changed for me and I lost the real me that so enjoyed life...especially reading uplifting reads, thoughts, doing my herb gardening , rug hooking etc. Today, I picked up my old journal and re-read these powerful words written over a hundred years ago....still encouraging and emotionally uplifting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Let us, then, be up and doing
With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



"Let us, then, be up and doing..." Dreams are not enough. We must back them up with 'effort'.  Striving and Struggle precede success, even in the dictionary.
"With a heart for any fate..." Opening our hearts to the possibility of failure is easier said than done.
"Still achieving, still pursuing..." Trust in yourself, your dream and Spirit.
"Learn to labor and to wait..." Remember our concept of time and Spirits are not the same...be kind to yourself while waiting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sarah Ban Breathnach

No comments:

Post a Comment